WOW. What an incredible summer I have had here in Baldwin County. I went further with God, and I have gained some really cool people in my entourage that encourage and support my calling. It really did not hit me till I was packing things up that I'm actually leaving! Summer flew by. As I was packing things up my heart started to hurt. Not a physical hurt; however it was an emotional hurt! I hate saying "goodbye" its one of the hardest things to do. I say that it gets easier in time but it DOESNT! Especially this year. Last year I had a great opportunity to come home quit a bit! Unfortunately that wont happen this year. I feel like I need to stay at Judson (my college) as much as possible. I need to bring Heaven down. I also wont be home for Thanksgiving I will be in Tulsa, Oklahoma watching my best friend get married. Wow what an honor that I have the privilege to be apart of something like that. Back to the point of my heart hurting. This is maybe one of the last times that me and my friends will be together as our group. We all are following the will of God in our life which leads some people to Florida, Seattle, California, and for me well it leads me to Africa. Come January 2 I will be leaving the comforts of my home where I have hot running water, air condition, and comfort; and embarking into a new journey in my life.
Mandi Mapes said it best in one of her song, "I'm ready to abandon all my shiny things my family and this America dream until there nothing left but You." That is my hearts cry! I don't care about what the "world" says I should have/want all I want is God and to bring Heaven to earth wherever my feet are touching. Some say that I'm crazy and that I have it all wrong.
"If it seems we are crazy, it is to bring glory to God. And if we are in our right minds, it is for your benefit." 2 Corinthians 5:13.
So, maybe I am crazy, however, I don't think that is it either though. I think I'm just in love with the King of kings, the Beginning and the End, the one who created time, I'm in LOVE with my Father God. He sent his son to die on the cross when he did not even desire it. My offering is to give it all up, to give up this American dream and follow passionate, full heartily, with everything I got, after the one who paid it all, God.
Beautiful post Katie! My prayers are with you in this time of transition that will take place over the next few months.
ReplyDelete"Give me one pure and holy passion
Give me one magnificent obsession
Give me one glorious ambition for my life
To know and follow hard after You" -Amy Nobles, from her song One Pure and Holy Passion