Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Rest in God?


Augustine once stated in The Confessions, that God has formed us for himself and our hearts will be restless until they find rest in Him. This semester has been challenging in the least. There been many ups and downs. Throughout this semester I felt like I was in the wilderness. I was in the middle of all these circumstance that were out of my control. Being in the middle of it I could not see the bigger picture I could not see the light at the end of the tunnel. All I saw was the negative. Coming home and having a time to reflect on my journey at Judson, I see the beauty of this past semester. How many colleges does the president know your name, or your classmates make a slide show and sing to you before you leave for a semester? I can only think of one! One of the coolest things that happened this semester; I was in my room and a friend came over. She did something that really changed my mindset. She asked me to sit down in a chair and then she proceeding to wash my feet.  She prayed for me and my journey to Uganda then left. I was shocked that this event just happened. During this journey in the wilderness I wondered where God was, and if He had left me? I look back and I see where He was there every step of the way He never left me. The people that God has placed in my life, that I don’t even know, have shown me that God’s love, mercy and grace is for me too. I spent all this semester trying to find or make my own peace. I have come to the conclusion that I cannot make my peace or find it. My heart was restless. I thought I would find peace when justice was served. HA, I was wrong. Augustine statement is so true in my life. I was searching for all these things to give me rest, but it was not until I rested in God that I found true rest. A rest that shows me that its  ‘okay not to be okay’, but His love will not leave you in that broken place; however, it makes it in a beauty love story between a child and the Father. I’m thankful for this past semester even as hard as it was. God’s used all the hurt to reveal His love to me in a new way. His love, well, there nothing like it.


“Yes, my soul, find rest in God my hope comes from him.
Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.”   
                                                                                                                     Psalm 62:5-8


Find rest in Christ,
Katie 

1 comment: