Monday, March 18, 2013

RAFTING

YOLO! You only live once even in Africa. So why not raft the Nile. I can not wait to come back to Uganda and visit my host family in Kapchorwa but on the way there I have to stop and raft all over again. Rafting was pretty much the funnest and scariest thing ever.
Team Rebuto. This was right before we were going
down a rapid.

The look on our faces is complete terror, and that
what we felt as well 
After we made it out of the rapid, but before we were
going through another one

Im in the blue helmet. As you can tell I'm getting hit with a
ton of water. Scariest moment



This was a category 5 rapid, this is also the moment I question
why I was doing this.


Are leader Rebuto was the best. Before we went down the rapid we had to first watch others and we saw boat after boat flip which is not something that I wanted to see. However our boat was the only boat that did not flip. I thought it was about to many times. When we were going backwards down a rapid or when we were staring straight up at the sky. It was so much fun. My hope is that I did not get any parasites from ingesting so much Nile water but even if I do I had to much fun!  How many people can say they rafted the Nile.....I can.



No comments:

Post a Comment