![]() |
| Uganda Sunset. |
“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim
the work of his hands” (Psalms 19:1).
*Disclaimer: I'm thankful that you are reading this. If you know me you know that I like to steward whatever I have well. God has given me the opportunity to pull away from everyday life in the US and be able to focus on my walk with Him, as well as, how to better show His love through my life. Therefore, please follow my blog if you want to know how I am doing. Unfortunately I do not have time to e-mail every person and tell them exactly what I am doing. However, if you would like to send me scripture or encouraging e-mails please do, just know that it may take me a couple days to get back to you. Thank you for respecting my time and helping me better enjoy my time here. I love you all and pray that God can show you something through this blog. This blog is show my experience but more than that I hope is shows God's love and goodness.
![]() |
| On the ride to Mukono |
We ventured out into the town of Mukono, where we will be doing our shopping for supplies and everyday needs (which are not exactly the American everyday needs). Going into town was very humbling. Walking into town and seeing the lack is sad. Also walking on the side of the road is extremely dangerous. There are bodaboda, a motorcycle, zipping pass you as well as bigger cars. Being aware of the surroundings is the key of not getting hit and surviving the town. While walking into town I hear people say mzungu, which means white person, over and over again. This word actual meaning is around and around. When the slave trade was happening the boats would go round and round. However, now it just means white person. This can be very degrading and hurtful. When little kids call me it I can understand it because they do not know anything else but when older people do it, it's hurtful. I'm more than just a white person. Some of the little kids do not think that us mzungu are real and they come up and touch us. One encounter I had was with a mental ill adult male who had become sick with malaria. His illness made him fascinated with mzungu and he came and touch us on our chest.
Throughout the first couple days I have experienced a wide range of emotions. However, I hold strong to the promises that God's word says. I know that this place is going to be a struggle and will take time energy and sacrifice, I know there is trouble that is coming ahead, but I'm claiming VICTORY!
Throughout the first couple days I have experienced a wide range of emotions. However, I hold strong to the promises that God's word says. I know that this place is going to be a struggle and will take time energy and sacrifice, I know there is trouble that is coming ahead, but I'm claiming VICTORY!


No comments:
Post a Comment