The Journey. As I am preparing to leave for four month to a
place that I have no friends no family, and no support, fear starting creeping
in and I forget all the teachings that I have heard of how fear is not of God.
What is the root of the fear that I have? I ponder and think about the
superficial answers that I would say. Then I bring into the light what I am
truly afraid of. I’m afraid of failing!
I have no clue what to expect in this country causing me not to plan, I
LIKE TO PLAN! But without a plan I feel like failure is the only option. So I
sit in this hotel room asking and listening in hopes that I will find an answer
or comfort to the fears that are racing through my mind. I then receive a text
message from a dear friend. That states:
“For if you
remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jew will arise from
another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows bit
that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”
(Ester
4:14)
Please forgive me, but I don’t have time to go into the
background of this verse; therefore, I encourage you to read the book of Ester.
J
Okay! How does this remotely relate to me? Well… I believe
that I am going to Uganda for a purpose. But, even if I do not go and do what
God has called me to do there, there is someone else who will go and live out
that plan. The second part of this scripture: ‘And who knows but that you have
come to your royal position for such a time as this.’
Some people may say,” Katie you are not royalty.”
To you I say. I’m the daughter of THE KING. I’m a Princess.
I believe when God sees me He does not see some white girl from Robertsdale,
Alabama. Heck, He knows how many hairs are on my head! I believe He sees his
daughter whom He has placed a passion and a desire in; to spread his love to
the ends of the earth. I also think He sees a child that was worth the price of
sending his only son to die for he sins.
Therefore my fear of failing has been thrown out with the
trash. Because ‘for such a time as this’ He has given me the opportunity to
remove myself from the American lifestyle and live with people who do not have
the luxuries that I take for granted. For such a time as this He has given me
the opportunity to show his love to his children, but I also get his love in
return.
In 3 and ½ hours I will wake up and began this season of my
life. Chasing dreams. Preparing for the future. Carrying out my Kingdom
Assignment. This dream does not scare me
anymore I guess I should start dreaming bigger.
Peace,
Katie
Katie, I look forward to reading your posts and following this adventure of your new testimony of the Lord's work. You are never alone!
ReplyDeleteglenna