Thursday, January 17, 2013

Patience/The Little Children


Three years ago I embark on an adventure to learn patience. That journey led me to Ryals Real State. I had two incredible bosses there. One of which I have adopted (along with many young people at my church) as my grandfather, and he is one of the only old man that I know that could get away with kissing girls on the check. Back to the point at this job I learned about well Jesus mostly but I also learned how to shred paper. On MANY afternoons I would walk into the office and see a tower of papers that I had to shred. Unfortunately you cannot shred a lot of paper at once and it takes multiple days to get through a tower of papers. But throw that long and dreadful experience of shredding paper I learn patience. Now in Uganda I have to learn it again if only I had paper to shred. In Uganda time has no meaning for people. Me being a person of time I expect for people to show up when they said there would. I’m going to honor your time please honor mine. It does not work like that here. I had a tutor show up 45 min, 45 MIN, late! I was so anxiety and annoyed that this was able to happen. Then she wanted to have class. REALLY is this happening right now? But I’m just remembering about the shredding of paper I can get those this. So after the tutor sessions I need to go get my computer fixed with the IT people. I walk into the library not even two min and I hear, “Excuse me, you have no business in the library during community worship.” I then respectfully left the library and decided to make a trip up to my room. On the walk to my room I was think who do you think you are telling me that I have no business; you could have said it nicer. So I went to my room and being angry I decided that I was not going to let these events ruin the rest of my day.

After lunch I was going to my practicum site where I will be helping a certain ministry. My site is called Off Tu, which is German means open door. This ministry helps kids who live on the street. Many of theses kids have been abused by parents and decided they are better off living on the streets. Many of these children while living on the street have experience rape and some of the girls have been made to marry older many some of which are only 14 when they become pregnant. Which heart broke when I heard and saw this first had. Open arrival the kids where so happy to see us and came running to us and gave us hugs. These kids have nothing and all they want is for someone to love them and want to play with them. So during my time there I was tried to give has much love to these kids as I could! I tried to hug and touch them. Having them want to hold my hand and hug me was beautiful. These kids have done nothing wrong; however they are thrown out into the street to take care of themselves. On the way back to school I realized that when people show up does not matter and that not being able to go into the library doesn’t matter. All that matters is showing love to those kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment